Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Viagem pra LA.



Descriptive Paragraph que eu fiz, sobre a viagem para Venice Beach em Los Angeles, California.

I was alone, separated from my group of friends on our weekend vacation to Venice Beach. My bare feet stepped onto the soft white grains of sand that extended out so far that I could not see where the ocean touched the shores. As I walked along the shore, I picked up sea shells, while the waves splashed on my legs. A thick fog blanketed the day, muffling the cacophony of crowds and street performers who lined the outskirts of the beach. These ubiquitous sound of civilization followed my wanderings, yet the vastness of the pale sand gave me a sense of peaceful solitude, as if I were stranded in an infinite celestial desert. A cold breeze tugged on my loose, red dress and I extended my arms to let the cold breeze permeate the thin, flapping fabric and tickle my skin. I felt the droplets of moisture land on my cheeks like kisses. I had never felt so cold on a beach before, but neither had I ever felt so comfortable in the cold. Finally, being separeted from my friends made me think about my own importance in my friend's lives. My moment away from them; enojying the beauties of nature alone, had been refreshing and reenergizing, but now I was ready to join them again.

No comments: